Thursday, September 30, 2010

dumb moves 1

Let's be honest, I do a lot of dumb things. In anticipation of having many silly mistakes to write about I'm numbering this post. This act may turn out to be a dumb move, but, well, that's me!

Today I went for a run in a new pair of vibram fivefingers, those ugly new shoes that the barefoot runners are pushing and I'm embarrassed to admit to caving into the fad. I've been running in sandles for months now and a store credit at EMS convinced me it was time to give these things a try. I'm sure it takes some getting used to, I'm flexing a bunch of new balance muscles and stuff... but man I'm wrecked from this short exploratory run. Just a few miles and my left foot alone has got 3 blisters. My right big toe looks, kind of troubled, like there is some real internal angst that it just can't seem to express. I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow. My legs are sore, but mostly in good ways. I think I'll give 'em another try, but I don't see them being very useful for the next two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment